Home Phototherapy Physician Information
Prescribing a home Phototherapy unit to treat your moderate-to-severe patients offers:
- Increased patient compliance
- Convenience for patient
- Cost-effectiveness for both of you
- Ability for you to maintain control of the treatment with our CPT Timer like a drug
- Safe and effective
Why Prescribe Home Phototherapy for Your Moderate to Severe Patients?
- Convenience = compliance. Location, location, location.
- Affordable for your patients. Home Phototherapy is often the least expensive treatment, and is generally covered by insurance.
- Cost-effective for you. The CPT Timer requires patients to follow-up with you to review progress and renew prescription just like drug therapy.
- Your clinical booth is available for newer patients or those who prefer to come in regularly
Home Phototherapy is Safe
- Safe for long-term use in adults, children, pregnant women, and immune-depressed persons
- No increased risk of skin cancer, whereas biologics have a risk of organ toxicity and cancer
- Home units are equipped with safety features such as controlled prescription timer and key-lock
- Higher remission rates than other therapies (74% PASI score vs 49% for biologics) with improvements typically are immediate with clearing in 20 to 25 treatments. Long term remission is experienced for 90 to 95% of cases.
- Same efficacy as booth in your office
Covered by most insurance carriers. Federal law restricts the sale of this device by or on the order of a physician. We are the only company certified to ship phototherapy units to Canada.